Jessica Lu

Ming Huang

« Older   Newer »

1. Aravir
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jessica Lu è nata il 18 Aprile del 1985 a Schaumburg, Illinois. E' un'attrice Americana con origini sia Cinesi sia Giapponesi.

jpg

Si è laureata con il massimo dei voti presso la facoltà di "Musical Theatre Performance" al Columbia College di Chicago, Illinois nel Maggio 2008. Nell'Agosto dello stesso anno si è trasferita Los Angeles, California. Oltre ad ever intrapreso la carriera da attrice, è una modella per giornali di moda ed è apparsa in diversi spot pubblicitari insieme ad altre giovani attrici.

Filmografia:

Diario di una Nerd Superstar
    Law & Order: Los Angeles
    Mortal Kombat: Rebirth
    CSI: Scena del crimine
    Life
    The Kari Files

2. Aravir
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jessica Lu Plays Ming On Awkward. And Is Sharing Her Behind the Scenes Pics With You!

Jessica Lu is having a pretty great year. Not only are we getting to see more from quirky, monkey hat-wearing Ming this season on Awkward., but she's had some major makeout sessions with her on-screen boyfriend (go, girl!), and even nabbed a role in TV-God Ryan Murphy's fall show, The New Normal. Jessica dished out the real deal on Team Awkward. and shared her goofy behind-the-scenes pics with us.

Glamour: Tell us about your character, Ming, on Awkward.

Jessica Lu: Ming's the quirky best friend who's always there for Jenna and Tamara, no matter what. But this season we see a lot more from her. She grows a lot. She even has a boyfriend now -- he gives her beer with extra foam because she's a lightweight! I have so much fun working on Awkward. I swear, I go to work and lose weight because I'm laughing so much!

Glamour: And who will you play on the upcoming Ryan Murphy show, The New Normal?

Jessica Lu: Tabitha is sassy, fun, and lives her life without any consequences. She doesn't care that she sleeps with a married man who has a child. She just doesn't care, and that's how she lives. A lot of people are comparing the show to Modern Family, and it is a modern take on a family, which is fantastic. But I would've even worked on the crew, moved boxes or painted walls to get to work with Ryan!

Glamour: We love these pics you shared with us from your phone!

0825-jlu1_ob

Jessica Lu: This was the first day of shooting season two. It was taken in my trailer, and if you notice, Greer Grammer (who plays Lissa) is in the background, lying down and covered with my blanket. She kind of looks naked, even though she's in a tank top. But I was like, 'What is Greer doing in my trailer?!' She's great at photo bombing.

0825-jlu2_ob

Jessica Lu: That's Shelia, our hairstylist on set. Since Ming is always wearing a monkey hat, I never get my hair done and it had been a running joke between us. But there was one day so far this season where I didn't have to wear my hat, and I was so excited that Shelia was actually touching my head, that I had Jillian take a picture of it!

0825-jlu3_ob0825-jlu3_ob.jpg

Jessica Lu:
    We film at a high school on the weekends when the kids aren't in school, and there are always signs to let people know that we're filming. But instead of the sign saying MTV, or the name of a production company, it just says "Awkwad," which is funny and...awkward. It's fun to film at the school because there are always students there for sports practice, and they'll walk by us and pretend they have to get something from their locker. We want them to come say hi! Nobody in the cast has an ego and we'd love to have an impromptu photo shoot with the students!

0825-jlu4_ob0825-jlu4_ob.jpg

Jessica Lu: Now this is what I call a hard day at work! When our director brought on a masseuse to set for ten-minute massages, I ran! I was still in wardrobe, I still had my hat, and I was like, 'you guys, work is rough!'

0825-jlu5_ob0825-jlu5_ob.jpg

Jessica Lu:
    That's Kelly Sry, who plays Fred Wu, sitting in my chair. We didn't get chairs with our names on them until the second season, since we didn't know how well the show would do our first season. So getting those chairs was a huge deal! In this photo, I'm coming back from getting a snack, because I'm always eating, and there's Kelly in my chair and I was devastated! Of course, it's all in good fun.

Fonte

3. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

Che brava che è Jessica :)
    E le foto sono molto carine e simpatiche xD
    E tutto il cast di Awkward è ok u.u Credo che tutte noi se fossimo in quel liceo dove girano le scene ( o comunque abitassimo vicino ) potremmo andare anche solo a salutare un attimo...o no? u.u

4. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dal twitter di Jessica:
    "I told @JillianRoseReed I wanted her to stick her head out as if it were a 3D picture."
    A0stLrDCMAAMcSF

Jessica con cast di Dead Enders ( il progetto benefico con Beau )
    "loooved it. will definitely be back to watch it again. xo's for Jesse, Michael, Beau! #DeadEnders http://instagr.am/p/OySV7oONHN/"
    proxyi

5. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Actress Jessica Lu dishes on playing Ming on MTV hit show Awkward and whether she’s Team Jake or Team Matty. Learn more about the star here: http://teenv.ge/Ocojmn

293239_10151054256856312_1152107927_n

CITAZIONE
    Actress Jessica Lu on Ming's Character Development on Awkward

The actress gives us the scoop on tonight's episode of the MTV show and her upcoming role in Ryan Murphy's fall comedy series, The New Normal.

I: What can we expect from tonight's episode of Awkward?
    J: "We get to see more of the Asian mafia and Ming's relationship with Freddie. From this episode until the finale, you're going to see Ming go through a lot. The mafia is going to have a lot of fun with her—that's all I can say!"

I: How does Awkward make humor out of teen stereotypes like the Asian mafia?
    J: "The show is really funny—I haven't seen anyone be offended by it. The writers know exactly what they're doing. They write everything in a real way; they don't mean it to be offensive. It's lighthearted. Mostly what I love about this show is that it's so relatable. I get a lot of fan letters from teenagers who feel like they don't belong, and they confide me and tell me how they no longer feel alone when they watch our show. At the end of the day, that's the best thing. I get a lot of tweets and fan mail saying that they're just like Ming; it's so great."

I: Tamara coined the term "Frasians," which connects to the idea of "frenemies." Have you had relationships like that in your own life?
    J: "We've all encountered people like that, and as we mature and grow older, we learn how to keep those friends at bay. When you're in high school and it's very gossip-y, it's a slippery slope."

I: Ming often plays third wheel to Tamara and Jenna, who are best friends. That's a tough position to be in. How do you think she handles it?
    J: "Ming is sweet, and the reason I love to play her is because she's so genuine. She's there for her friends through thick and thin and loves them unconditionally. She doesn't sugarcoat advice or say things that she thinks her friends want to hear. Ming doesn't care what other people think of her—and even if she can't go out and be social, she doesn't whine about it. It's really refreshing to play a character like her. There should be more Mings in the world!"

03-Jessica-Lu

I: Classic Awkward question: Jake or Matty?
    J: "Season one, I was totally Team Matty—and even at the beginning of season two. I'm hesitant to say it, but after the last couple of episodes, I might be switching to Jake. I'm always back and forth between the two. Our writers make us choose sides and then change our minds, and it's mean!"

05-Jessica-Lu

I: Can you tell us about your role on Ryan Murphy's latest show, The New Normal?
    J: "The story is about a woman who lives a mundane life in the Midwest. She marries young, and wants a better life for her daughter, but isn't sure how to go about it. Then, she comes home and finds her husband cheating on her with another woman. Spoiler alert—it might be me! That's the last straw that pushes this woman over the edge. She moves to California and decides to become a surrogate for a gay couple to earn money so that her daughter can have a better life. My character is completely different than Ming—she's foxy and not nerdy at all! She's super fun."

I: Both shows have hilarious casts. How do the filming experiences compare?
    J: "With Awkward, I've known the people for a couple of years. We're a family. We've seen each other at our bests and worsts. With The New Normal, the actors [which include Ellen Barkin, Justin Bartha, NeNe Leakes, and Andrew Rannells] are so great that I step back and look at them in awe. They're probably like, 'why is she sitting in a corner by herself?' I want to learn from the cast. They're geniuses, but they're real people and super approachable."

Fonte

6. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dal twitter di Jillian ecco un foto di Jessica:

9f76f686f14711e184b2220

7. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

Jessica ai VMA's con i The Wanted!

549616_439965149379898_1949969295_n

8. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

Nuove foto di Jessica:

391714_391629087570986_535724937_n
    552006_391631010904127_1683885462_n

9. Aravir
        +1   +1   -1

User deleted

Che bella anche lei O:
    Spero che ming faccia exploit nella terza stagione!!!

10. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

CITAZIONE
    Che bella anche lei O:
    Spero che ming faccia exploit nella terza stagione!!!

Concordo!!!

11. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dal twitter di Jessica:

So this screenshot is online.. HA! Also, that day Ellen felt me up and asked me to do her nails. (cc: @NBCTheNewNormal)
    396487_284842411621093_483728594_n

they grow up so fast.. :) Happy Birthday to my little baby girl!!! xo
    485717_284844601620874_1948081921_n

12. ;Kiki
        +1   -1

User deleted

Dal twitter di Jessica:
    celebratory champagne for recent achievements :) @VeraHerbert @wesamKeesh #birds
    545865_286244421480892_1933384824_n

Extra-sweet, extra-long (extra-romantical lol) lunch w my manager!! #ilovemylifeilovemylifeilovemylife
    271102_286245114814156_156192410_n

Second time I "trended" on Twitter this season! So. Cool. #MingAndMatty #awkwarder
    198422_286245441480790_1269370040_n

13. Aravir
        +1   -1

User deleted

Sembra un peluches il suo cane *_*

14. Aravir
        +1   -1

User deleted

tumblr_lr2ezfd7i31r29u0wo1_500

tumblr_ltj888AoSQ1r29u0wo1_1280

tumblr_ltcsedUg6h1r29u0wo1_1280

Jessica Lu è bella. Il caso è chiuso!